Parameters by Nekogames is like every computer RPG ever, boiled down from 60-120 hrs of cutscenes and random battles to about 30mins of intense clicking. In my view it loses almost nothing.
The brevity allows you to play the thing through more than once and still reasonably pursue other interests, such as going out and bathing, on replay new gameplay possibilities and insights to emerge. eg. if you only played it once you might assume that grinding is necessary for successful completion; it’s not, it’s possible to finish the game in less than 15 mins (my first play took about 40-50 the guy who wrote it has finished it in around 5).
Parameters shows how in traditional computer RPGs the choices you make in terms of how you develop character stats can help you move through the game more efficiently. You can only appreciate the difference these choices make if you can play through the game couple of times or more though so in the 120hr examples of the genre players won’t be able to make these decisions in an informed way.
Whatever. It’s brilliant.
- loblollypineypop reblogged this from toffeemilkshake
- loblollypineypop likes this
- toffeemilkshake reblogged this from katherinestasaph and added:
- mconor reblogged this from tomewing and added:
- imathers likes this
- andyhutchins likes this
- trumpsntanks likes this
- jonathanbogart likes this
- teenageart likes this
- twiststreet likes this
- the20000 likes this
- katherinestasaph reblogged this from tomewing and added:
- katherinestasaph likes this
- tomewing reblogged this from toffeemilkshake and added:
- drmcgoodtimes likes this
- rumirumirumirumi reblogged this from toffeemilkshake and added:
- tomewing likes this
- toffeemilkshake posted this